Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Habibi

This book brought up so many interesting points that I had really had not thought about before.  All I can remember as a kid is getting new students in my class and sometimes they were from a different country.  I try to put myself in Habibi's place and think about how I might have felt if my parents had decided to move our family to the middle east as I was going in to highschool.  To me, I would be very angry and confused.  However, I did not see this from Habibi, I saw the confussion, but she never seemed incredibly angry with her parents.  Perhaps this is a cultural thing as well since her father was from the middle east, Habibi did not want to upset him or hurt his feelings since he was so excited to move.  These are my thoughts so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment